we invest in our caregivers
- Excellent Compensation with Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Recognition and Bonuses
- Paid Training
- Caregiver Mentorship and Coaching
- Caregiver Café and Equipment Room Access
What's it like?
Demand for Caregivers is very high. You should expect to have many opportunities to work shifts that vary in duration between 3 and 12 hours. We only require that caregivers keep a schedule of at least 20 hours per month.
We’ll be honest: this job isn’t always glamorous. But it is always meaningful. Caregiving is one of the most effective ways to make a positive impact in someone’s’ life.
Caregiving is a profession. To keep up your skills and meet state requirements, continuing education is required. We’ll provide paid opportunities to make it happen.
If you’ve got what it takes personally, the rest is easy. We’ll provide you with the support you need to be confident in the care you provide. Apply today and we’ll be in touch.
Caregiver To You requires all Caregivers meet the following requirements:
- Compassion: A true caregiver is personally invested in the well-being of their clients.
- Reliability: Our clients value caregivers who provide consistent, punctual care.
- Communication: Caregivers must be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to perform their duties, which including reading prescription labels and other medical information.
- Transportation: Every caregiver must have reliable transportation to the client’s home. Some clients will need transportation in a Caregiver’s vehicle, but we’ll only match you with those clients if it works for you!
After your initial interview with Caregiver To You, you’ll need to meet these State requirements before orientation and training can begin:
- Registration: The State of California requires that all caregivers pay a fee and register on their Home Care Aide Registry
- Background Check: Passing a Live Scan Background Check (which requires fingerprinting) is required for registration on the state’s Home Care Aide Registry.
THE ONBOARDING AND SCHEDULING PROCESS
- If you’re not already registered on the California Home Care Aide Registry, you’ll want to schedule a preliminary interview first. If it’s a good fit, we’ll walk you through the registration process.
- Orientation and training begin after registration is complete and you’ve accepted a position with Caregiver To You.
- Much of our training program can be done remotely, but we’ll pay you to come into the office for at least an hour or two during your orientation.
- Once you’ve been trained, your Account Manager will begin matching you with clients based on your skills and availability. When a match is made, you can accept or reject every opportunity before being assigned.
- Regular evaluations are an important part of our business model, because they provide an opportunity to improve our services as an organization. After your first evaluation, you’ll be eligible to start your paid continuing education courses and can begin exploring opportunities for specialization and advancement.
One of the great things about being a caregiver is that it happens on YOUR schedule. If you’re only available for a few hours in the middle of each weekday, you’ll only be matched for those opportunities. Are you only available nights and weekends? We can accommodate that, too!