Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Memory Care
Our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Specialists have completed a rigorous certification program that was specifically designed with and approved by the Alzheimer’s Association. Courses included in this certification program cover Alzheimer’s and Dementia-specific skills related to communication tactics, activities, creating a safe environment, preventing elopement, and reducing and preventing readmissions in the hospital.
During progression of Alzheimer’s and dementia, the brain deteriorates slowly. In that time, your loved one may undergo stages of personality and motor changes. Our Caregivers provide the best care by keeping the family informed and adjusting the Care Plan to adapt to these changes.
Home Care for Clients with Dementia Include:
- Addressing the inevitable anxiety that comes with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s and/or dementia.
- Attending to the social and spiritual needs of the patient. Even if your loved one doesn’t remember or loses their understanding of their routine, what matters most is that their wishes are respected and they are being treated with dignity and respect.
- Involving the families and close friends in proper assistance to the loved-one emotionally.
- The coordination of care and new or changing treatment options depending on the stage of the memory condition. This will vary for everyone.
- Full support for family and caregivers. There’s a special way to care for the loved one but also care for all who are involved with them on a regular basis.